FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where can I buy your novel The Holder's Dominion?
- You can buy it now in paperback and e-book through all major chains such as Amazon and Barnes & Nobles. E-book versions also available on Kindle, iBooks, and Nook.
How can I get my copy autographed?
- You can send $25.00 to the Paypal account: theholdersdominion at gmail dot com (be sure to include full name and address). Also, keep an eye out for my upcoming book tour. If I'm near your town please stop by. I'd love to see you!
What is your book about?
- The Holder’s Dominion is a speculative thriller with a fantasy twist. It’s a story about a young woman who discovers gaming while facing some serious problems online and off. Guided by her friends, college sophomore Kaylie Ames signs on to the massively popular online game Edannair. There she discovers a world of beautiful vistas and magical creatures. But a real-world evil threatens the players: the mysterious Holder, leader of the elite team known as Sarkmarr, is coercing his followers into traumatic offline dares known as “morphis assignments.” To save her friends, Kaylie must infiltrate Sarkmarr and survive the Holder’s tests. But will she find the courage there to keep her own family from falling apart?
And why did you want to tell this story?
- Like Kaylie, I came to gaming pretty late in life. I wanted to write for gamers and non-gamers alike about the unpredictable and influential ways that video games change us. I wanted to share with others the amazing experience of collaborative video games and the communities that grow up in and around them.
What is the target audience for The Holder's Dominion?
- Anyone who knows someone that plays video games or just loves action-packed, heartfelt thrillers! This is for you!
- The Holder's Dominion takes place on a college campus and therefore falls into a new genre called “new adult.” The foundation of this story revolves around that “shove” we all go through into adulthood. When we leave the nest, we’re forced to grow up quickly. Beyond our high school days are powerful new adult stories that begin and blossom in our late teens and early 20s.
What is The Gamer in You?
- The Gamer in You is an online movement created to offer new meaning to the word ‘gamer.’ No matter our passions: family, career, sports, meeting new people, traveling, puzzles, artistry… we all like to relax and play a game once in a while. Between card games, video games, board games, mobile games, and edutainment games, all of us can call ourselves gamers. Find out more at www.thegamerinyou.com
Are you available for hire?
- Yes! Pending my schedule, I'm available for the following:
- Literary Writing
- New Adult
- Young Adult
- Video Game | Transmedia Writing
- Overarching Story Lines & Lore
- Narrative Design
- Species Design & Bestiaries
- Story Design / Arcs
- World Building
- Weapon Design
- Theater Plays
- Literary Writing
- TV Shows
- Web series
- Talk Shows
- Moderating | Appearances:
- All types of topics:
- Video Games
- Female Protagonists
- Much more!
- All types of topics:
Where can I send fan mail?
- I'm looking forward to your mail! Contact me below and my team will provide you with an address.
Are you working on other books?
- Yes, three additional novels, and a stage play. Phew!
What formats will your books be published in?
- My books are available in print from all major chains and in e-book format for iBooks, Kindle, Nook, and other e-readers.
Where did you study writing?
- I received my B.A. in English from the University of Texas at Austin, with minors in theatre and Spanish.
Have you always been a writer?
- My mother recently reminded me that I’ve written since I was a child. She mailed me chapters of a book I started at 8 years old. I had forgotten about that!
How do I pronounce your name?
- Thank you for asking! Think of the name Denise and then change the first letter to a G! It should sound like “Ja-niece.” Hope this helps!
I'm a writer, too! Would you read my manuscript?
- If my schedule allows it, I'd be glad to read and offer feedback on your writing and there is a small hourly fee.
- Send me an email requesting a review and we'll chat! Contact me at genese at genesedavis dot com, or message me on Google+ or @genesedavis on Twitter.
- Make sure to send a word document with standard formatting. (12 point font, 1″ margins, and paginated)
- Feel free to donate for my time here.
How do I contact you?
- Author Page: http://www.facebook.com/genesedavisofficial
- Twitter: @genesedavis
- Google+: http://tinyurl.com/genesedavis
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/genesedavis
Genese loves answering your questions! If you'd like to know anything else please feel free to utilize this web form or e-mail her at genese at genesedavis dot com.
Thank you for reading and check back frequently because these questions get updated often.
Help support her positive movements and creative ventures.